A guide to regaining your financial independence.
Many of us find managing our finances difficult at the best of times, but these challenges are often amplified if you’ve experienced domestic and family violence, including financial abuse. It can be very confronting to be worried about money all the time – wondering how you’ll pay for bills or keep a roof over your head. For many survivors of abuse, it also feels very isolating.
You’re not alone. Perhaps you’ve already taken the first step towards securing a better future for yourself. You may need time, support and the right advice to help you move forward and reclaim your life, but you can do it – and we’re here to help.
The information in this guide covers 5 steps to help you regain your financial independence:
- Get informed on basic financial management.
- Understand exactly where your money goes.
- Find out where you stand with debt.
- Develop your own money plan or budget.
- Establish good money habits so you can achieve your financial goals.
The other 2 guides in this series are:
We hope you find the guides useful and helpful.